Nurses ... Strong, Decisive and ... Stressed!
Once a nurse … always a nurse! It’s in our blood. It’s in every fiber of our being. Today I realized that I have been a nurse for … drumroll please! … 40 years!! So, during a very interesting career that is still continuing and through conversations with nurses, both the seasoned and the newbies, I have made some very interesting observations.
- Nurses are dedicated
- Nurses love what they do
- Nurses are the masters of multi-tasking
- Nurses have the most wicked sense of humor
- Nurses are the most trusted professionals … period!
- Nurses are powerful, intelligent and decisive
- Nurses are wonderful listeners and people will tell them everything!
- Nurses are fearless when it comes to helping total strangers, in and out of the clinical setting
Now, even though the accolades are piling up and your halo is glowing even more brightly than ever, there is another side to all of this. It is my opinion, based on my experience and in my conversations with other nurses, these very noble qualities are also at the heart of a very common problem … BURNOUT!!!
You know what it is. Every nurse has felt this at some time in their career. It happens when the tank is empty. It happens when you have reached the point where you have no more to give. And it can end your career if you don’t recharge and renew yourself!
A nurse is everyone’s go-to person. And as nurses, we learn early on that self-sacrificing seems to be a given. As you give to your patients, to your family, to your community, it is easy to overlook giving to yourself. In fact, the mere mention of putting yourself first may be shocking to you! But if you don’t, how can you possibly have the energy to do it all?
What if you were able to turn self-sacrificing into self-care? What if you learned the tools that would enable you to nip your old reactions to stress in the bud? What if you could replace detrimental habits with life affirming actions that can strengthen you physically, emotionally and mentally?
I have designed a program targeting the specific needs of nurses integrating a multi-faceted approach that will motivate and support you in becoming the best version of yourself:
- Hypnosis: change the way you react to stress; stop the endless loop of negative thinking
- Amma™ Therapeutic Massage: increase energy, relieve pain, soothe sore & overworked muscles; relax your body and mind; essential oils may also be incorporated in the massage
- Nutrition: gain valuable insight about the foods that support you physically, emotionally and mentally; learn how to develop a nutritionally dense program that works for you
- Stress management techniques: proven methods to alleviate the buildup of internalized stress
Nurses....are you experiencing job burnout?
Ask yourself the following questions:
- Have you become cynical or critical at work?
- Do you drag yourself to work and have trouble getting started once you arrive?
- Have you become irritable or impatient with co-workers, customers or clients?
- Do you lack the energy to be consistently productive?
- Do you lack satisfaction from your achievements?
- Do you feel disillusioned about your job?
- Are you using food, drugs or alcohol to feel better or to simply not feel?
- Have your sleep habits or appetite changed?
- Are you troubled by unexplained headaches, backaches or other physical complaints?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, you might be experiencing job burnout. Source: Click here
Make Self Care a Priority!!!
Call or email for you appointment today!!
Self-Care Program for Nurses
Please call for details about this valuable program.